Spring into Gardening
The first day of spring is a much-awaited event for gardeners, as it marks the beginning of the growing season. As the temperatures rise and the days get longer, it's the perfect time to start preparing your garden for the coming months. With a little preparation and some hard work, you can make the most of the early spring days and enjoy a bountiful harvest later in the season.
· Maintain hardscaping: check stonework, maintain flowerbeds and sprinklers/water features
· Prune trees and shrubs
· Test and feed your soil
· Divide perennials and transplant shrubs
· Start a compost pile
· Apply a balanced fertilizer
· Clean bird baths and feeders
· Add mulch to help retain moisture
· Rake around any early bloomers to help them out of the soil
As always, I’d love to help you with your next move and take special care of any referrals that you send my way.